Unknown Warning light!

Hi, I've owned a second hand 306 1.6xs M reg for about 9 months now, and it has numerous faults with it, for example, the gearbox obviously has some kind of problem, as it makes some interesting noises, I've replaced the gearbox oil, and found some broken bearings, and that it had new oil, indicating the dealership I bought it from, new perfectly well its gearbox was ruined when I bought it! However recently when I brake, a light comes up it looks a bit like this : '(O)' and only happens when I brakes, its yellow/orange light at the top centre just above the indicator arrows. I don't have a manual, and i've not had time to check the brake discs, but i've been reading on this group, and people say the sensors don't really work etc. so I jus wanted to check really.

Thanks, Paul

Reply to
Paulie G

Paulie G ha scritto:

Isn't it the brake indicator? It goes off when

- Disc brakes... ehm... don't know whats the english for them... the thingies that push on the disc when you brake... they last about

40-50.000 km and look like these:
Brake liquid: low or deteriorated - this should be replaced at60-80.000 km

- ABS failure

But I think it's the first one.

Ciao Max

Reply to
'Roccia' Max De Poli

Brake pads I believe. Brake pad wear warning wire is inserted into pad friction material. When the pad wears the wire snaps off which disconnects the warning circuit that cause the indicator light to switch on. If there are no strange noises during braking then there is still enough friction material, but nevertheless I would check the brake pads visually. You can do that by removing the wheels and then you should be able to see the pads through the opening in the caliper. If the friction material is worn down to less than 2mm you should replace brake pads.

Reply to
mislav