Unused Electrical Connectors

Hi,

I was randomly poking around in my '98 306TD and I removed the small tray from behind the handbrake and found that there were two unused 5-pin electrical connectors.

I had a look at the wiring diagram in the Haynes manual, but there doesn't seem to be anything that they might be used for.

Does anyone know what they are?

-Mark

Reply to
Mark Rae

Rear electric windows, when fitted.

Reply to
Nigel

Thanks.

It looks like that might be an easy place to get power for any accessories, e.g. a phone, if needed. As that circuit is listed as being protected by a 20A fuse, which is the same rating as the cigarette lighter.

-Mark

Reply to
Mark Rae

be careful when you put them back they sometimes rub on the back of the handbrake ratchet and blow fuses

Reply to
Mindwipe

Mine were fitted into a cutout in a block of foam which filled the space underneath, but I'll double check that I put them back properly.

Thanks.

-Mark

Reply to
Mark Rae