Update: 305 brakes

Hi,

Just a quick update to anyone who read my 'this isn't fun anymore' post. The problem with the brakes turned out to be the master cylinder - I checked the rear shoes and they were fine. Changing the master cylinder wasn't a problem - bleeding the brakes was! The bleed screw broke off the caliper! Three hours of careful (and not so careful) drilling and re-threading, and I finally have a new bleed screw in there. Looks like everything is OK now. Phew. Now I just need to get my engine sorted out. Arrghhh!!

Chris.

Reply to
Chris Barnard

Chris Barnard schrieb:

So you decided on keeping the car running? Nice :-)

Good luck!

Tobi

Reply to
Tobias Meyer

Hi Tobias,

Yes, I must be the biggest sucker for punishment on the planet ;)

Thanks - I think I'll need it!

Chris.

Reply to
Chris Barnard

Hello,

Nice to read, even if I was wrong.

Come on Chris, tell us you didn't know what to do this winter ? :-)

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Well, it seems obvious now but I didn't think of the master cylinder at first. I thought the original symptoms pointed to a problem nearer the wheels.

Well yes, I generally seem to spend more time in breaker's yards when the it's raining and cold than dry and sunny! The problem is I'm going on a month-long holiday to Peru over Christmas - I may have to give the car to a garage to do the work. I don't really have the room to pull a whole engine out anyway. Well, at least it means I won't have the car off the road for weeks and weeks while I figure out how to put it back together again ;)

Chris.

Reply to
Chris Barnard

so you declined the "push it off the cliff" route and not gonna buy my 306 now then? mmmmm could have done with the cash for christmas........

Reply to
steve

Yes, it's back on the road at the moment (just!). I like my crazy car projects with little or no economic value ;)

Chris.

Reply to
Chris Barnard