update on 205 D

Having great fun with this car. I've learnt to ignore the water in diesel light. Having a slight problem with the new disks and pads on the front, but they are getting better with use. Seem to take longer to bed in than the ones on my Volvo, but then again, the Volvo ones are stopping a tank not a car.LOL. Seats are more comfortable than I thought they would be, even though the back flexes like an office chair when you push back. Only problem I've really had was the right hand front spring coil broke, luckily at the bottom so it's still sitting OK (missing a quarter turn) I can feel it in the handling, but it's stable and will be replaced this weekend. The best thing is the fuel consumption. I'm used to filling up 60 litres every 5 days with petrol, thats 300 miles of travel. I have done 340 miles in the peugeot and by the looks of it I may have about half a tank of diesel left, judging by what the gauge showed when I got the car, filled it up to the top, and where it is now. At the least I have 20 litres left in the tank, taking into account how flighty the peugeot fuel gauge is. I won't find out for sure till I fill up again and do the mileage/litre thing, but It's already paying for itself.

Stuart, proud owner of a 205D.

Reply to
Stuart Gray

Nice to hear that you enjoy your car. Have you read my update too? I've started building a 205 TDI. :)

Greets, Jon.

"Stuart Gray" schreef in bericht news:40bf8a84$0$25320$ snipped-for-privacy@news-text.dial.pipex.com...

Reply to
Jon Florijn

Thanks for the reply Jon, I read your project - you're way advanced for me !!! One of my friends had a new TD 205 a few years ago. That thing really shifted !!!! Good luck with yours.

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Gray

Some pics:

in dutch i'm afraid. Greets, Jon.

"Stuart Gray" schreef in bericht news:40c2417a$0$25327$ snipped-for-privacy@news-text.dial.pipex.com...

Reply to
Jon Florijn

Almost completely finished with the TDI. Only thing is the turbopressure and the colour of the bonnet. The turbopressure is going to be fixed tomorrow. I hear a windy noise while accelerating which is getting louder as the turbopressure is increasing. I think is the little tube going to the gauge. The colour of the bonnet will be fixed in one or two weeks.

in dutch.... Pics are clear enough I think. :) What you cannot see in the pics, is my smiling face. ;)

Greets, Jon.

Reply to
Jon Florijn

Hi heb jij een grijskenteken schrok me rot toen ik zag dat hij geel belast wordt :( wel lekker zuinig

Reply to
andre_NL

Tis inderdaad grijs kenteken, maar dat belastingvoordeel geldt al lang niet meer. Heeft te maken met de grootte van de laadruimte in verhouding met de auto zelf. Die is te klein bij een 205. Maar wel veel ruimte achterin! En inderdaad, aardig zuinig.

Groet, Jon.

"andre_NL" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...

Reply to
Jon Florijn

Yes but the price diffrence in fuel savings and roadtaxes is a bit large I'll pay 100? more :( but i did drive 560km and filled it up with 30ltrs so that's 1:19 even not trying to drive economycal I like the performance for such little car keep posting on how the IC is performaning diffrent from the non intercooled version :) cheers andre

Reply to
andre_NL

Hi Andre,

Well, an intercooled XUD7 (XUD7TE) as fit to 405s was able of 90HP. Must rock. You can kick the ass of 206HDis (a std 205 TD has almost identical performance) and most TDis. My brother reported me that he can take a Golf TDi90 with his '91 DTurbo... for less than half the price :-)

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Yes it can deliver 90hp but an 405 is heavier and probely has a difrent fuelpump setting a bit richer i think also if you place the IC on the place where its fitted on the 405 the efficency of the ic is verry poor i think placing the IC behind the gearbox and using ducts to get fresh cool air flowing through it is much better using an IC from a toyota supra or mazda RX7 is an good option i suppose cheers andre

Reply to
andre_NL

I'm planning to fit bigger injectors or whatever they're called in english and a different fuel pump (bosch). Then I'm able to boost the fuel pressure. The turbo pressure must have a little boost too. A 405 can reach 92hp and a BX only has 90hp. I think when I've got a bit more turbopressure and a bit richer fuel setting, I might be able to get around 95-100 hp. With the right setting, ever 0.1 bar of turbopressure equals 10hp, at least that's what I've heard from someone with more experience... I only have to find a reliable turbopressure gauge in stead of that thing I've got now... I also think that the air intake on the bonnet might be a bit larger.

Greets, Jon. "andre_NL" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...

Reply to
Jon Florijn

Allard Turbosport in the u.k.

will fit an intercooler to a 205 - I think they mount it behind the front grill, under the radiator. They then modify the fuelling and boost, and get 105BHp.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Latest update is that I have control over my turbopressure. I also lowered the front a couple of cm's...

The car on the right is mine, the one on the left is a 205 that was parked there. The difference is clear. And yes, I've washed the car now. Having fun of the increased power now...

Greets, Jon.

"Stuart Gray" schreef in bericht news:40bf8a84$0$25320$ snipped-for-privacy@news-text.dial.pipex.com...

Reply to
Jon Florijn