V6 3.0 406 2000 erratic idling

Hello all,

I wonder if anyone has any ideas about this problem I seem to have developed on my 3.0 V6 406. When first started the revs alternate between 650rpm and 1200rpm. This occurs for about 30 seconds or until I rev the engine. Also on tick over there is an internittant judder. I like a cough as if it missed firing on one cylinder. You can see the rev counter dip for a short time. This sometimes causes the car to stall, but only when no accelerator pedal is applied. I had the coil changed as this was the only fault in the log files but it made no difference.

Do these problems started occuring when the battery was disconnected? Does the ECU loose any particular settings when this is done? Thanks in advance.

Regards Gary

Reply to
G Cadman