Ventilation-fan is running even with off engine(Peugeot 406,2.0 2000)

Hi The Ventilation-fan is running even with my Engine is off, I heard that it can be even the Fan-relay or the Fan-Feeler or what it is called the thing that automatically switch Fan on and of. Is there a Possible way to find out which one have to be changed. Where exactly is these to things loacted on the Fan and is it possible for a person with none mecanical qualifications to change theses things.

Thanks in advance for the information.

Reply to
TC

MICHAEL ROCHE

On our 306 this was caused by a dodgy contact on the thermostat cable -

50p for 2 new connectors and an hour of labour to find the fault! Key symptom was that the fan would run on even if the engine had been started and stopped a few seconds later.
Reply to
Chris Hodges

Reply to
MICHAEL ROCHE