W Reg 306 HDi DTurbo

Hi Everyone,

I'm getting a loud rattle when the engine is revved up from the timing belt end of the engine. The auxiliary automatic belt tensioner seems to 'bounce' rapidly back and forth when revving the engine to about 2500 revs.

I wondered if anybody has had a problem similar to this and is it possible that a faulty crankshaft pulley would exhibit these symptoms?

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks, Lenny

Reply to
LennyK

The rattle certainly sounds like the crankshaft pulley. If it is the same as the 406 (mine went west) the inner and outer parts are rubber bonded and it starts to give up causing the rattling. Whether that would cause the other symptoms I could not say but it sounds likely.

Reply to
Keith W

Thanks Keith,

Took the gamble and replaced both pulley and belt......the engine has never sounded better for as long as I've had it!

Lenny

Reply to
LennyK

I remember that feeling a couple of years ago when mine went. You can turn the radio down now ;o)

Reply to
Keith W

Reply to
Chris