warning light lit....

Hi all, Wonder if anyone may hazard a guess - Recently found that the manifold has fractured on my 2000 306 1.6 petrol. So whilst waiting to get part, for what looks like a simple bolt off bolt on procedure (?), tonight the orange warning light that resembles engine block has illuminated, coupled with a struggling engine at low revs. Fortunately only 100Yds from home, but am wondering are the two events probably linked? and therefore resolved by replacing manifold..... whadya reckon? Thanks for any ideas, Mark

Reply to
Bizkaz

Can't answer that question but I can tell you that, if it is the light that looks like an engine block with a letter K shaped device it indicates that the ECU has an error message awaiting attention. This requires special equipment to read it. You may well be right about it being connected with the manifold as that could affect the sensor readings.

Keith Willcocks (remove .nospam from address to reply)

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

Hi,

It's possible that the cracked manifold gives bad values to the ECU and involves the engine warning light (electronics warning, indeed) coming up. Anyway, as your manifold has to be replaced, you'll see after replacement if the light still lits on.

HTH, G.T snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Reply to
Bizkaz

Mark, If the fault is connected with the manifold, you almost certainly will find that the fault light will not go out as soon as the problem is fixed. There is a system whereby a certain number of fault free starts has to be made before the error memory is cleared. I don't know how many starts it requires. maybe someone here can tell us?

Regards

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I think it's 20, but you can get round it by turning the ignition off and on 20 times. The light should then go out when the engine is started IF the fault is fixed of course!

Reply to
Nigel

Hi,

Of course. If it's made at a Peugeot dealer, I guess they'd try to clear the fault once fixed (i.e manifold replaced, here), at no extra cost. I'm not sure the fault clears itself (or is cleared by the ECU) after a certain number of successful operations, once logged into memory.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Reply to
Bizkaz

Anyone out there still interested - the fault/warning light went out today on an estimated 15th turn of ignition, so that proves the discussed theory, many thanks Mark

Reply to
Bizkaz