Water Water everywhere!

and not a drop to drink. dammit!

Right got in my car this morning and i had to practically bail out the passengerr footwell before i could start driving. now i have had water there before but assumed it was coming through the door seals something which i intend to change on all the doors however i am finding it hard to get some new ones from anywhere but rip of pug dealers. (anyone know of any suppliers in the manchester area or on the web?)

anyway upon a quick inspection the water seems to be coming down the back of the dashboard, all the electrics ar making a great conduit for the water to flow down, eek.

Where could this water be coming in? someone mentioned that it could be the drain for the heater vents being blocked but did not know where that was on my car, any ideas?

All help would be greatly appreciated because my car is starting to smell like a sewer. think the carpets might have to come out tonight until i can sort out the problem. any tips on how to do this?

Cheers

Al

Reply to
ADCB

Hi,

Yar. There's a good guy in Knottingley (Brotherton) off the M62 - check

for more info. You can also try Google UK on'Peugeot Parts'.

Nightmare! I'd hate to be you :o)

Unlikely. I'd have thought that the windscreen bonding would have been more likely. What age and model of Peugeot do you have?

Front seats out first, and watch how much force you employ on the floor bolts. Wire brush and WD40 are good. Work under cover, in a garage if poss. Get the code for the radio/cassette before unhooking the battery, or The Vampires will get you on recoding it.

Good luck,

Regards,

Philip Andrews

Reply to
Philip Andrews

Right will give them a go.

yeh cheers matey ;-)

its a 97r 306, i initially thought the widscreen seal but it just seems to be too much water for a bust seal, at one point there was literally half an inch of water in the foot well. although we have had some real extremes of rain up here recently

Ok well i think thats a job for the weekend. thanks for your help its much appreciated

Reply to
ADCB

Hiya,

Phone advice is good too - 01977 677887 - but don't 'do it brown' :o)

Ya welkam :o)

Is it a bonded screen, or has it been replaced recently? Jokers like A***glass (mentioning no names here) tend to economise on sealant on conventional screen seals. Result: water gets in, sits between the seal and the frame until enough air-pressure develops to blow it past and inside the car, and then it's puddle city. If you've had a ding that's squeezed the frame slightly and broken the windscreen bonding, similar effect

Welkam ... the comments about the radio apply if you find that you need to take out the dashboard as well (as with the 405).

Best of luck - but I'd try a hose-pipe on the screen and a flashlight and mirror up behind the dash before reaching for the spanners.

Cheers,

((:o)x

Reply to
Philip Andrews

the rime of the ancient pug driver....

did you ever clear the drains on the wiper well?

yup

it is comming in by the aircon inlet

be carefull!!!

Reply to
Marc

I have this exact same problem. I can see droplets of water on the carpet where it's trickled down into the passenger footwell each morning after it has rained. This is on a 2 year old 206 GLX. I noticed that where the water is coming in seemed to align with the seam where the two ends of the door seal have been joined. Peugeot replaced the door seal under warranty but this didn't fix the problem. On further inspection, the water seems to be dripping out from the inside of the door between where the metal part of the door and the plastic from the door trays meet at about 6" back from the front bottom corner.

If you fix it, let us know what it was. Mine is going back in in a few days again.

Adam

Reply to
Adam Greatrix

One other thing.... somebody else had this problem about a year ago (according to Google)... he said that his driveway is on a slight hill, and if he parks facing down the hill the water appears, but if he parks facing up the hill the problem goes away...

This is interesting as I park on a slope too. Do you park on a slope?

Adam

Reply to
Adam Greatrix