Weld or not to weld?

Had 2 tyres replaced today and when they took the old ones off they found a small crack on the inside rim of one of them. These are 17" TSW alloys which aren't made any more so no hope of getting a replacement. New tyre seals fine but they told me I could get the crack welded? Now while some people are saying that's fine, others are saying not to do it at all and replace the wheel. This would mean replacing all 4 !

How safe/unsafe is it to get it welded and does anyone know who could do it in the Lincoln area?

TIA

cheers, Len

Reply to
Len Cuff

Cant the tyre place do it for you?most places have a person that can weld wheels (steel or ali) 0r did you not ask , ask them they might be able to do it or know someone that can do it for a small fee.

Reply to
Chris

They can't do it!!

cheers, Len

Reply to
Len Cuff

Time to look on Ebay?

Reply to
PH13

Or wreckers - they call them dismantlers now

Reply to
Ken

Len Cuff wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Ok not quite Lincoln, but someone who know what he's doing when it comes to wheel repairs, only ever heard good things about him...

Ian Jemison

Neil Jowsey