What went wrong with the 307?

I notice that the 307 has clocked up another lousy result in the 2004 JD Power Survey (118th out of 120).

Our two-year old 1.6 Rapier isn't that bad actually (Peueot have FINALLY fixed the resonating exhaust), but maybe it's one of the good ones. Having said that, I could live without the strange squeaks it makes, the vibrating rear speakers, the rough ride and crashing rear suspension, not to mention the numerous rattles and general feeling of flimsiness. Compared with a friend's Audi A3 of similar vintage, it feels like a kit car.

How does a manufacturer manage to produce such a dud?

Androo

Reply to
Androo

The car itself is pretty good. Decent spec and value for money, good safety. Its the service and backup from Peugeot that ruins it. No concept of customer service. Not bothered about build quality. Not interested in honouring the warranty if they can get out of it in any way. Uninterested in customer feedback.

I could go on.. The car is OK but Peugeot are really shooting themselves in the foot. They have got a good looking car and it is selling well. Trouble is most owners will never buy another Peugeot again.

To compare to an Audi A3 is probably a little unfair, but it should still be doiing better than 118th.

We researched our purchase for quite a while and were encouraged by a few reviews praising build quality. We intended to keep it for a good few years. Now I am thinking about getting shot if it after one as the thought of owning it outside of warranty frightens the life out of me (and my bank manager)

Reply to
HDIdriver

"Androo" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@karoo.co.uk...

Peugeot leaves the quality control to the owner. He is expected to visit the garage numerous times to fix all that.

Reply to
B52

That is assuming the garage can actually fix it. I get the impression the dealers are as hacked off with Peugeot as us customers.

Reply to
HDIdriver

Never mind what went wrong with the 307, what went wrong with the 205,309, and 306, I've had all them cars and all of them give me big problems.

Peugeot will never learn hence why I got shut of all my peugeots, utter french crap.

Reply to
Fox

Hello,

I'm pretty surprised as I've never experimented problems with my 205. Oh, yes, the windscreen washer was out this weekend on the highway, but it was just a dirty connection. Oh, my car's just 11 years old.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

"G.T" schreef in bericht news:408fc8ec$0$17501$ snipped-for-privacy@news.free.fr...

After 10 years all trouble-giving items have either been renewed or repaired.

Reply to
B52

Hello,

I'm pretty proud to tell that my car (which I bought used @ 6 years &

70,000km), with FSH, has never needed any big job. All I've done (excepted oil & filters change, of course) : - rear brake shoes (one was out) + fluid ; - front tyres (lasted at least 48,000km as they were on the car when I bought it) ; - rear tyres (lasted 80,000km, originally fit at the factory) ; - coolant (done with timing & accessories belt) ; - Brake pads now have 50,000km, I guess they can do 10 or 20,000 more miles. No fail at all, perhaps the battery (at least 5 years old) may need a replacement soon (no problem so far, but I guess it won't last 5 other years).

Nothing done before according to bills, just normal servicing.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T