Where is the Central locking controller?

Does anyone know where the control module for the central locking on a 95 pug 405 is?

My plip works the doors most of the time but every now and then the indicators flash but the doors do not lock or unlock. A second attempt usually works but i'd like to fix it before it gives real trouble.

I assume the Infra red link is OK otherwise the indicators would not flash. I dont think there is enough room for the unit in the roof lining to work the doors so I expect there is a box of tricks somewhere else.

Any clues please?

TIA

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Above the glovebox, I think. About 6-7 inches long and 1 1/2 inches wide with I believe a white connector, but don't quote me on that!

Reply to
Nigel

Thanks Nigel,

I've just spent today fixing an oil leak at the joint of the camshaft/thermostat housing so can't face any more car stuff just yet but I'll have a dig around next weekend. Does my "indicator flashing but not locking" problem sound familar to you? any hints?

TIA

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

102 x 30 x 45 mm black 9 connectors (mine is Kiekert) .This part is common with the earlier build.. Haynes manual - drift out glovebox 2 hinge pins and remove glovebox.. C/L module can then be accessed.

I would get a replacement from your local scrapyard. Not sure if my fault is C/L,alarm ecu or receiver . My doors unlock at random and the alarm cancels. Must be the receiver unit I think but am going to replace the lot. Pulled the c/l fuse and manually lock the doors.

Reply to
sid

Be very careful to note the position of the springs on the glovebox hinges. I didn't (while taking glove box out to change heater matrix) and could never get the springs back right ... ):/(((

Reply to
Wichita

Thanks Sid and Wichita for the tips.

Bob