Which engine for a Talbot Express 1.9 diesel?

I've a 1984 Talbot Express Autosleeper camper fitted with a 1.9 diesel (non-turbo) from a 1992 van. Unfortunately, the darned thing overheated and I'm looking for a replacement engine. I've been told this is a 1.9 Peugeot

diesel engine, but does that mean that its the same engine as fitted to

Peugeot 405/306 etc? Would one from these cars slot straight in? Any help appreciated - these vans are getting rarer, but finding advice on them seems nigh on impossible. Cheers, folks. Gary

Reply to
Puzzled

Any XUD engine should fit straight in. It has obviously been done before on yours and as far as I know they never had that engine fitted from standard, at least not in anearly one like yours. The diesel engine was the Citroen CRD type, and the petrol was from the 504/505. (XN type)

Reply to
nigel