Windscreen Wipers on 1998 Peugeot 406

Mine only come off the windscreen about 2 inchs. Right pain to change the blades. Is this right for them to be so restricted?

Reply to
vinnyh via CarKB.com

Yup

Reply to
Gingerpose

You could of course remove the bonnet but it is probably not advisable ;o)

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

Isn't there some way of stopping them in the more or less vertical position? Turning the ignition off fr'instance. My 807 has a cunning system involving the interaction of the wiper and ignition switches which I can never remember but sometimes results in the wipers parking themselves vertically when I don't want them to.

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R.N. Robinson

"R.N. Robinson" wrote in message news:etuk9b$q7c$ snipped-for-privacy@aioe.org...

Wouldn't help, it's the design of the arm which restricts movement.

Ainslie

Reply to
Gingerpose

undo bolt at base of windscreen wiper arm then take arm off toral time

10 mins for both sides
Reply to
juliancroucher

That's longer than it took me to change the blades even with the lack of lift on the arm. Lift lever, unhook blade, hook on new blade and push lever down again. I am not really sure what the OP was complaining about.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks