woohoo 100k (306TD)

Well, it's just ticked over :-)

Car is 306 TD Vivant.

Hopefully I'll have another 100k of trouble free motoring. I bought the car 2nd hand with 20k on the clock (from Pug dealer) in April 2001 and here's what I've had done:

Oil/Filter every 5k Short Service every 10k Major Service every 20k (none by crappy pug dealers!) Changed gearbox oil/coolant at 99k service as well

Front pads at 40k Middle/backbox exhaust 70k Aircon pipe failed 70k, not bothered to fix Front Tyres 70k (Contis) Front Tyres 90k (replaced Conti shit with Michelin) Back Tyres 99k (I love Michelins) Front pads/disks 99k Heater fascia bulb 99k (still trying to get the right part of out peugeot - wierd fitment) Slight steering rack leak and slight rocker gasket leak since about 60k Sailed straight through all MOTs

Stuff I'm waiting to fail:

Heater Matrix Electrics Glow plugs All interior stuff to randomly fall off - seems solid now though :-)

I love my Pug!

Reply to
mike. buckley

Dont worry it will

Don't worrf it will too

Mines at 163k on its first clutch done heater matrix and both drive shafts though

Long Live the diesel pug

Michael

Reply to
Michael Kent

My 306 Break 1.9D from 2001 has almost 190.000 km, still the first clutch, only new front break discs. Everything still works fine, from the rainsensor till the electrical rear windows ;-) The engine keep on running and running, Yeah Long live the PSA Diesels

But next week I have to return my 306, since it a company leased car and the contract is over and the car has too much km. I have to drive some 2 to 3 months in a temporary leased car, until my new 406 110bhp HDI is delivered. I hope the temporary leased car, will be a Peugeot or Citroen and not something ugly like a Ford or Toyota. Damned I am getting depressed when I think about it.

Good luck with your 306

Reply to
VTR16V

i do to , i own three

a 305 xud9 with 365.000 on the clock a 205 xud7 with 240.000 and a new 406 HDI

i can tel you your car wil last for about another 400.000 km as my former 205 xud7 did...

Reply to
Marc

and good luck with your soon to drive 406, i have one , you'l like it

perhaps a chipmod wil suit your needs thoug....

the 406 does not corner like a 306... get used to it! ( it weights

1500KG...)

the toyota avensis is not "to"bad ( it is just plain ugly) refuse the mondeo.....ask for a bicicle if they insist on you driving a god damn ford.

Reply to
Marc

"Marc" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Thanx for your info, the 406 is a good car, full of luxury . Good to know that a 406 (Break) doesn't corner like a 306. I have to wait 3 months for my 406 to be delivered, yes everybody in Europe wants to Drive a Peugeot. Instead of making overtime (work) to reduce the deliverytime, the French still start working at 09:00 and take a lunch from 12:00 till 14:00 and stop working at 15:00 :-))

Too bad a chip mod is not allowed for a leased car by the company and besides that, it is a lot of money for a car that I have to drive less than

2 years or 160.000 km till the next car. (Perhaps a 407 ?????)

Anyway I will miss my 306, only 4 days left to drive my 306 before I have to exchange it for a temporary car.

Reply to
VTR16V