02 GRAND PRIX Low Coolant Light always ON!!!

I just replaced the intake manifold gaskets on my 02 Grand Prix per my dealers suggestion, and the coolant smell, and now the Low coolant light comes on when I start it and will not go off. I have bled air, checked levels etc... Does anyone have any Ideas?

Reply to
rrascop

Probably just a bad sensor in the rad. The sensors that are located in the rad are notorious for going belly up. The sensors that are located in the hard plastic overflow bottle (different vehicles) are notorious for sticking in the "low coolant" position after the overflow bottles have been emptied. You can simply reset those by smacking the sensor area of the overflow bottle to free up the sensor. On your vehicle, you will probably have to replace the sensor. Bit of a pain, because of their location.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai