02 GrandAm turn signals problem

I have an 02 Grand Am that developed a sudden problem. I used the turn signal the other day, and when they cancelled the clicking continued even though they were off. The farther I go without using signals, the slower the clicking becomes. On s 200 mile run they stopped altogether only to start up when I used them again. I was told by the dealer that it could be a number of things including the computer. Of course they want to take a look and charge me.....

The clicking comes from the front of the console area if that helps...and stops if I pull the turn signal fuse, but doesn't if I pull the emergency flasher fuse.

Any ideas what is happening and how to go about fixing would be appreciated. Thanks!

Reply to
sodakid2

There is a recall for the hazard switch. If I recall correctly the flasher wiring goes through it also. Have a dealer check and see if the recall has been performed on your car, or if it's even applicable. Start from there and see where it goes.

Reply to
jd2579

Reply to
weird

Right you are, it's possible it may be covered under the Special Policy Adjustment.

jd2579

The recall does state turn signal also. Some thing to look in to anyways: Recall Number: 03V327000

Reply to
jd2579

Reply to
sodakid2