03 Grand AM CD player

Hi There, My CD player stopped working (was my fault, hence no warranty). The radio is working fine. New one is too expensive from the dealer. I found a few in the wrecking yards, but they say that the ones they have are either 4 speakers or 8 speakers. Mine has 6 speakers. I called the dealer to find out if those will work on my grand am. They say they are not sure. I called GM and they gave a access code U1P for player and UQ2 for the speakers. The code i am getting on the cd player at the wreking yards is U1P for player but the second code is different. Can anybody please help me out with this and suggest me what to do ???

Reply to
markov

markov

I think you could find the RPO codes on your car and then you can see what exactly they're talking about. Once you find it I'm sure we can point you in the direction to getting the RPO codes figured out.

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

What are the RPO codes and where do i find them. My main concern is that if I buy a Player with different option codes, will that work on my car. For example If i buy a player which came out of a car which had 8 speakers, will it still run my 6 speakers or not.

Reply to
markov

They're the 3 letter/number codes just like you had. They're usually in the glove box or in the trunk. I think if you mix the different codes it'll mix unless one is like Bose and the other one isn't.

- that'll tell you what they are and give apicture of what they look like.

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

what did u do that it isnt warranty?

Reply to
I'm Right

Reply to
markov

You may be able to, I'd probably try to get a radio with the same RPO code as the one you have in there now though.

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

RPO Code List

RPO Description

DEFINITION: The production/process codes provide the description of the Regular Production Options (RPOs) used on the vehicle. The RPO list is printed on the Service Parts Identification Label.

AG1 Seat, Power 6-Way adj.

AH3 Seat, Front Bucket, 4-Way Manual, Vertical Height Adjustment

AK5 Restraint System Front Seat, Inflatable, Driver and Passenger

AM4 Rear Seat, Split Back, Folding, Custom

AM9 Seat, Rear, Split Fold Down

AP9 Restraint, Cargo Net

AR9 Seats; Bucket, Reclining

AS5 Seats; Deluxe Bucket, Reclining, with Driver Lumbar Adjust, Seat Back Pocket, Firmer Side Bolsters

AU0 Remote Keyless Entry

AU8 Lock Control, Remote Entry, Specific Frequency

A26 Windows, European Glazing

A31 Side Window, Power Operated

A37 Restraint System, Front Seat, Delux

A51 Front Bucket Seat, Custom

CF5 Sun Roof, Glass, Sliding, Electric

C60 HVAC System Air Conditioner Front Manual Controls

DC4 Mirror, Inside Rearview Light, Dual Reading Lamps

DD9 Mirrors, Power - OSRV Break - Away, Painted

DG7 Mirror, Outside, Remote Control, Electric, Color

DT3 Box, Right Rear Stowage Compartment

DT4 Ashtray/Lighter Option

D35 Mirror, Outside Remote Control, Color

FE2 Suspension System, Ride Handling

FE3 Suspension, Level 3 (IRS)

FE4 Suspension System, Special Ride and Handling

FR9 Ratio Transaxle Final Drive, 3.29

FX1 Ratio Transaxle Final Drive, 3.94

FX2 Ratio Transaxle Final Drive, 3.91

F83 Transaxle Ratio, Final Drive 3.05

JA7 Park Brake Release Handle, Leather

JE1 Brake System, Europe

JL9 Power Brake System, Front and Right Rear Disc, Antilock, Front and Right Rear Wheel

JM4 Brakes, Antilock

KC4 Cooling System, Engine Oil

K05 Heater, Engine Block

K34 Cruise Control Automatic, Electronic

K61 Generator, Enhanced Idle

K62 Generator, CS 130-D, 105 Amp, Dual Int Fan

LA1 Engine Gas, 6 Cylinder, 3.4L, MFI, HO

L61 Engine Gas, 4 Cylinder, 2.2L, MFI, Alum, DOHC

MN4 Transmission, Automatic 4 Speed, 4T40E

MM5 Merchandised Trans MAN 5 SPD Provisions

MN5 Transmission, Automatic 4 Speed, 4T45E

MX0 Merchandised Transmission Auto Provisions, Overdrive

M86 Transmission Manual 5 Speed Opal

NC1 Emission System, California, LEV

NF7 Emission System, Federal, NLEV

NK5 Steering Wheel Standard

NP5 Steering Wheel Leather Wrapped

NV7 Power Steering, Variable Effort

N05 Lock Control Fuel Filler Cap

N40 Power Steering, Non-variable Ratio

PB4 Lock Control Wheel

PF7 Wheel 15 x 6 Aluminum Cast, Styled

PG1 Wheel 15 x 6, Steel

PY0 Wheel 16 x 6.5, Aluminum

PY1 Wheel 16 x 6.5, Aluminum Chrome

PY2 Wheel 16 x 6.5, Chrome Appearance

QCD Tire, P215/60R15 Touring Tire

QD1 Wheel 16 x 6.5, Aluminum, Styled

QLM Tire, All P215/60R15/N BL R/PE ST TL ALS NSC

QQK Tire, 225 50R16 Touring

QSK Tire, 225 50R16 Performance

RA1 Performance Package RAM Air

RPA Rear Parking Assist

TR2 Turn Signal Lamp, Enlarged

TR6 Headlamps Control, Leveling System, Manual

T1C Shifter Interlock, European Theft Park Lock System

T2J Ornamentation Interior, Export Unique Requirements

T37 Fog Lamps, Front

T43 Spoiler Rear

T61 Lighting, Daytime Running

T79 Fog Lamp, Right Rear

T84 Headlamps Right Hand Rule of Road, E Mark

T89 Tail and Stop Lamp, Export

T96 Front Fog Lamp

UA2 Theft Deterrent System, Export Specific

UES Provisions, Exterior Equipment, Export

UH8 Cluster Instrument, Cool Temp, Trip Odom, Tach

UK3 Radio Control; Redundant on Steering Wheel

UL2 European Frequencies

UQ2 Speaker System, Uplevel

UQ8 4 Speaker System, Dual Front Extended Range, Dual Extended Range Package Shelf

US6 Antenna Fixed, Painted, Radio

U1P Radio, AM/FM Stereo, Seek/Scan, CD, Clock, Equalizer

U1Q Radio, AM/FM Stereo, Seek/Scan, Auto Reverse Music Search Cassette, CD, Clock, Equalizer

U18 Speedometer Inst, Kilo

U19 Speedometer Inst, Kilo and Miles , Kilo Odometer

U77 Antenna Right Rear Window, Radio

U85 8 Speaker System, Quad Front Door Mounted, Shelf Quad, Amplifier

VG9 Protector Wax, Exterior Body

VH5 Plate Vehicle Identification

VK3 License Plate Front Mounting Package

VK4 Front License Plate Front Fascia Cover

VL5 License Plate Rear Mounting Package: Export

VL6 License Plate Front Mounting Package: Japanese

VR6 Hook Tie Down

VY7 Leather Shift Knob

WT9 Order Modification IES for Domestic Delivery

W33 Model Conversion GLS: Alero

W46 Model Conversion Pontiac Grand Am: SE1

W48 Model Conversion Pontiac Grand Am: GT1

X88 Conversion Name Plate: Chevrolet

Y11 Sales Special, Exterior Ornamentation (Gold)

Y70 Headliner; Inc: Vanity Mirrors Covered No Light, Dome lamp w/3 Pos. Switch, Coat Hook-Rear Headliner. Mount, Visors w/Anchors

Y71 Sunroof Headliner - Vanity Mirrors Covered - Pass Lighted, Power Switch and Bezel, Inside Rear View Mirror w/Dual Reading Lamps, Coat Hooks - Rear HDLNR. Mount, Assist Handles (3), Visors w/Anchors, Dome Lamp w/3 Position Switch

Y72 Uplevel Headliner; Inc: C95 - Dual Reading Lamp, Assist Handles

Z49 Export Canadian Modifier Mandatory Base Equipment

all that is the amplifer you should be ok,,,,,,,,,,, it does have to be unlocked at the dealer tooo

Reply to
steve kostur

so here are my codes: U1P Radio, AM/FM Stereo, Seek/Scan, CD, Clock, Equalizer

UQ2 Speaker System, Uplevel

Reply to
markov

That radio'll should fine with the speakers you have.

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

What I meant was that radio should be fine.

Reply to
Phillip Schmid