04 Grand Am Questions

I recently purchased a 04 Grand Am and I have several questions: 1. Is there a source, other than Pontiac, to obtain an 04 vehicle manual (used is fine)? 2. Is there a Haynes (or equivilent) tech manual for this specific vehicle? A manual for a 04 Grand Am seems to be hard to find. In fact, one source doesn't even indicate there was a 04 Grand Am. Apparently this was near the demise of that model. Would a General Motors, Grand Prix, etc., manual work? Thanks. More ? to follow. Great site!

Reply to
JR

Many GM car manuals are on DVD or CD. This is how the mechanics look things up at the dealer...on a computer. They don't use books anymore.

Check e-bay for used manuals or some car show / swap meets in you area. There are unusually vendors there selling this type of product.

You cannot use a Grand Prix manual its a completely different vehicle. You could use an older manual as long as its the same body style yours is.

I have a 2004 Buick manual for a 2005, which was basically the same car going back to 1997. I got mine on e-bay for around $80.00

Note - Some GM car Manuals are broken into 2 manuals instead of 1. Mo $$$ for them and less for you. Some manuals for the late 2000's had original list prices of $125.00 to $200.00 Even used, the asking price is quite high becuase of the limited quanitity that were printed.

harryface

91 Bonneville 320,001 05 Park Avenue 89,067
Reply to
Harry Face