04 Grand Am Trans Fluid Change

My mom has an 04 grand am, and I noticed that there is no dip stick, just a cap on top of the transmission that is nearly impossible to get to. How do you go about getting to it properly to add fluid after a filter and oil change? or to even check the fluid level? The car has 60k miles and its do to be changed. Comments welcome

Reply to
Kiel Uyttenhove

Welcome to the new world of gm, my 01 malibu has no dipstick eithre, you have to have factory (dealer do it)

Reply to
ADAM KRACKENBERGER

One word for this , $$$$$$$$$, i bet they charge to check it.

Reply to
ADAM KRACKENBERGER

Thats the stupidest thing I have ever seen. If I took the cross over pipe off I could get to it, but its not worth it. Its easier to just pay the $85 to have the filter changed and trans flushed.

Reply to
Kiel Uyttenhove

Amazing that a spark plug expert such as yourself is befuddled by something as simple as a transmission fill plug...

Reply to
Neil Nelson

Mr. Nelson

Some people don't have the correct tools to do everything themselves. I do as much of my own work as I can, aslong as I have them. You going to call everyone who takes their vehicles in and doesn't do any of their own work "befuddled", stupid, or even lazy? Btw, why is everyone crapping on me? What did I do, I made two posts, one a question, and another was an opinon about a certain spark plug. I never claimed to be a "spark plug expert", or any other expert of any kind. I kindly ask you to stop putting words into my mouth Mr. Nelson. I just want to be able to post my opinon just like every other person in here, does everyone around here go and crap on their comments too? If you have 34+ years of experience in whatever it is that you do, then please act alittle more professional, like they say, with age comes experience. Again, thank you

Reply to
Kiel Uyttenhove

That would be my father, he's dead now...

Really? What type of accident was it where you lost all of your fingers? And your brain also... considering that you're stopped cold in your tracks as soon as you encounter the lack of a dip stick and fill tube.

"Have them?" What "them?"

Nope, just the ones who can't think past the end of their noses.

The better question is, what makes you think -anyone- is "crapping" on you? That is one serious little persecution complex you have going there.

An opinion about spark plugs is like having an opinion about bifocals.

I -am- acting professional, I corrected/refuted your erroneous opinion and bad advice.

Did you at least sleep at a Holiday Inn last night?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

From what I've heard from those that know - you check the level like the old fashioned rear ends. Take the side plug out and the level should be even with the bottom of the hole. This is also the filler hole. add oil till it runs out the side hole.

Good Luck.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~296,524 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

I wont be posting messages on this anymore, this is my last one. I'm sick of argueing with you. have fun

Reply to
KU

Why are you replying to your own messages?

Or is that question too argumentative for you to answer?

Reply to
Neil Nelson