04 Pontiac GP GT brake life

The wife had noticed a squealing in the brakes and I took it in to have it checked out. Was told it needed a front brake job. This is after about

20,000 miles. They told me on the Pontiac the life is about 15-20 thousand miles. Is this about right? Seems to me brake life is getting shorter and shorter these days. Damn, a brake job every year and a half?
Reply to
Paul O.