'06 G6 GTP Performance

I've got a 2006 4-door G6 GTP and I'm looking to maximize the performance as much as possible. As this car is so new, I don't yet see a lot of bolt-on performance parts at my local auto parts store. What I'm looking for are exhaust system components, intake improvements, chip sets, whatever performance parts are allowed that won't whack my warranty.

I used to live in California, and now I live in Georgia so I believe I can scrap most of the emissions worries. What do we have out here that I can bolt on, or have my dealer install to kick this thing up a few notches?

Reply to
phil.mason69

Get some Thrush or Cherry Bomb Glass paks, then add a Holley double pumper Carb, I am sure Hooker makes a set of headers for it.

Reply to
Oil Can Harry

good lord! He said 2006, not 1976. lol

Computer controls enhance engine performance in this millennium. Don't mess with anything. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Reply to
L benn

I'm not sure what 3.9L he is refering to but your supercharged 3.8L there are some add on you can buy, BUT all of them WILL cause warranty problems, with the exception of the Corsa Cat Back exhaust system....GM lic. Doesn't do much for performance but makes killer sounds. If you really want more muscle in your Grand Prix trade your GTP in for the GXP with the 5.3L V8. Then no warranty problems.

Reply to
MrGoodwrench

The G6 comes with either a 3.5 or a 3.9 with the GXP option it is usually the 3.9

Reply to
L benn

Its not GXP its GTP

Reply to
Kristoph Kringle

There's a great website for learning all about your G6. I looked at it before I bought my G6 Coupe. There's a lot of discussion and forum messages about different performance and interior/exterior mods you can do and it's specifically for the G6.

Reply to
mnt