151 Iron Duke

Hello all.

I've got a 151 (non-crossflow head) circa 1977 engine with a Holley/Weber 5210c. It is NOT in the original vehicle. I had the engine block worked over bore .040 over, new pisons etc and had the head tanked with new valve guides etc. i also added a 'new' carb. The problem is since the rebuild, the engine will not start. It fires and attempts to start but it's that aggravating almost there but never quite makes it when you hit the key. The timing looks good using a light. I think the problem lies in the vacuum lines to the carb. To be honest I have no clue where these lines should go and I cannot find a manual anywhere that gives a good description of what the ports are on a 5210c. I've got a Chiltons guide and a Holley repair manual but none of them provide sufficient detail on this device. If there is anyone out there with arcane knowledge of Iron Dukes or Holley/Weber

5210c's I'd really like to hear from you.

Regards.

-Bert

Reply to
bertsaxby

Engine should start and run with all vacuum ports on carb plugged. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh