1986 Grand am radio/stereo

I have a Panasonic model# CQ-2000BEU am/fm cassette player. It didnt come with the car originally, but it was in mine. It quit working, and I checked the car fuse panel and it wasnt the fuse. I am assuming it just plain quit. My problem is I dont know what to look for to get a replacement. I do know that the pins on the back of this particular stereo are 6pins total, and there is one other connector on the back that extends from the unit itself, and from looking at it it appears to be for speaker connection. It reminds me of a spark plug wire, in what it looks like, but the inside of this connector is a speaker type plug...female in nature. I would like to put back in this car the same exact stereo device, but I cant locate one on the internet anyplace. May be an older model?? Or, I would like to replace this device with a factory model for this car that will fit with the current wiring.

I need help!

Reply to
dreamer

The six wires will be power, ground, left speaker +, left speaker -, right speaker + and right speaker -. And your spark-plug connector thingee is better described as your antenna connector.

Easy as pie to replace! :-) What colours are the six wires?

Nick.

Reply to
Nick Trounson