1991 Pontiac Sunbird LE 2.0 OHC 4 cylinder-too much fuel consumption

Hello. I have a '91 Sunbird LE convertible with a 4 cylinder 2.0 liter OHC motor that uses way too much fuel. I'm getting roughly 12 MPG! I have done a few things in the course of trying to tune the vehicle up, as well as attempt to fix the fuel consumption problem, and they include:

replaced the alternator battery spark plugs starter air filter MAP sensor Idle Air Control Valve in the throttle body all seals in throttle body and cleaned well

The plugs keep fouling out, I can only assume, do to the excess fuel not being used. Also, the engine seems to miss ever so slightly. Any suggestions, however small or lame (lol), would be most appreciated! Thanks!

Reply to
Generalfiltcig

Sounds like way too much just for the O2 sensor. However, its probably shot by now anyways. I would suspect leaking injectors to be losing that much fuel. The cat has got to be burned out, too.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

there is a coolant temp sensor that tell computer temp of engine . get one at auto parts so you know what it looks like and give it a try. theres also a temp sensor that works the temp guage but dont get that one. those 12 dollar manuals at auto zone will tell where the sensor is.usually on the head near the raiator hose. lucas

ds549

hey i had the same problem i did a code test on computer and it was the tps sensor which meters the fuel intake before i replace the tps sensor a hald tank of gas would get me about 40 km bad hey when i repalce the tps sensor it got me over 250km on a 1/4 tank of gas so more then likely it your tps sensor does you check engine light come on then off again at certain rmp level

Reply to
jamiepayne