1992 grand prix se

i have just gotten a GP SE and when i was coming home the car kept stalling it was running fine the started stalling it will stay running if i keep the gas pumped and its rpms above 2000 could this be a fuel pump issue as well??

Reply to
GrandPrixAllentown

My old '91 Grand Prix SE did that whenever the battery was disconnected for over a few seconds. I had it checked out and it turned out that the ECM needed time to realize how high the RPM's had to be to keep the car running. If I were to stop at a light or something the car would idle up and down and then eventually quit. I gave it usually a couple days and it was back to normal. It did this each time I disconnected the battery.

Reply to
80 Knight

No.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

perhaps u have an auto matic thats why it idles up and down i have to give it alot of gas to get it to idle up my car is a manual with the 3.4 liter twin dual cam a friend said maybe the ignition coils would this be an issue the odb reading was for a map sensor iat senso and both the o2 sensors( rich and lean exhaust) that was before the batery died what do you think?

Reply to
GrandPrixAllentown

Well, I know for a fact that when my MAP sensor was on the fritz or disconnected (it only did that twice) the car would runble a bit and then quit. My '91 had a 3.1L though, but I also had a '97 Cutlass Supreme with the 3100 (the newer version of the 3.1) and I had the same problem with it. The OBDII read both the MAP and O2 sensors. I replaced the O2 sensor and all was fine after that. The MAP sensor code never came up again. To me, your car sounds like the MAP sensor though, but I could be wrong.

Reply to
80 Knight