1992 Pontiac Grand Am Question about defrosting windows...

My Pontiac Grand AM really sucks. Always basically frosts windows from the INSIDE. I have a friend who used to have a Pontiac Grand Am who had same problem with hers frosting from inside. Maybe some defect? Of course now she has a better car lol I just would like some quick fix ideas to help defrost windows in morning. Problem is NONE of my heat or anything works so basically EVERY morning now that it's gotten cold I have to use an ice scraper from the inside and slave away lol Not sure if its worth money to get it fixed seeing as the car itself cost only 800 bucks lol Might as well use that for better car. Plus also the steering is like messed up and makes all these weird noises like squeeling whenever I turn or whatnot and it's hard to turn wheel especially on icier days at first. Any quick fix ideas would be appreciated. I jsut want to get through this winter. Summer the Pontiac should be fine. And than I plan to get a different car in fall when it's colder. I just don't want to blow money now when I can still use the car and close to the icey weather ending.

Reply to
paintednightsky

Might have a high moisture content inside the vehicle. Any water leaks that you know of?. Body, floor or window tracks rusted out ?

Also if your floor mats are soaked , remove them & let them dry out overnight.

On the powersteering problem I'd say first check the PS fluid level first. Seeing you only paid $800 for the car it sounds like its not exactky the pick of the litter and nodoubt has some worn out parts.

good luck

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~275,068 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

Gee, that's so reassuring, knowing that you're driving on the same roads I am.

You aren't in the Chicago area, are you?

Reply to
Robert Barr

lol what you scared? And nah I'm about 5 hours away from you.

Reply to
paintednightsky

harryface drives in the Chicago area-- look out for the black bonnie.....

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~275,068 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

From what I've read, 92 Grand Am's are notorious for water leaks. For the previous two years I had water leaks from around the cowl area and around the fresh air intake. The carpet and padding became soaked during heavy rains and during winter driving. In the winter, heavy frost on the inside of the windows was common after being parked overnight.

This past summer, I pulled the carpet and padding and dried it out. I located and repaired the water leaks. This winter, I haven't had any frost on the inside of the windows.

Dave

92 Grand Am SE coupe 3.3L 235,000 miles Engine and tranny running strong - everything else falling apart.
Reply to
Dave