1992 Pontiac Sunbird doesn't shift anymore

My 1992 Pontiac Sunbird SE Convertible 2.0 4cyl. 196,000 mls doesn't shift any more after appr. 15 minutes of driving. When the engine cq transmission is cold it shifts smoothly. After a few miles , when I slow down or come to a complete stop, the transmission doesn't seem to shift back. When I try to accelerate again, the kick down comes in with a big bang. If I stop the car, the engine stalls. When I start the car again, I can't put the stick in D, cause the clutch doesn't work? I have to wait for like an hour before I can drive away again. Can anybody help me with this problem? I already changed transmission oil and AT oil filter. That didn't help.

Reply to
G.J. van der Linden