1993 Bonneville SSEi plastic fitting for cooling broken

There is a plastic fitting for the coolant hose connecting from water pump to lower intake plenum (position just under my supercharger). This plastic fitting is about 3/4 in diameter with socket size 1-1/8 inch was broken in half without warning dumping coolant all over the engine within a minute or so. Fortunately, I was not far from home so car towing was not required. Bought a new fitting from GM. New fitting has now been replaced from plastic to metal. If you car still have the plastic fitting, replace it with the metal as soon as you can.

Reply to
none

Originally the tube " was " metal such as in my 91. Some genius engineer in the mid 90's decides it should be plastic. Now, somebody else with a better brain redesigns it to be metal again.

Harryface =D8=BF=D8

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 300,941 miles
Reply to
Harry Face