1994 Bonneville transmission

Hello,

I got this problem with my bonneville (235k miles).

When I drive over 25 mph, everything is fine, but when I slow down or stop, it's like the gear goes in neutral. The engine accelerate but the car does not. So I have to put the shift in 2 or even 1, then I can get some speed and shift back to D or OD.

The auto shop open the transmission and found the oil filter neck was bended. He changed and worked fine for few days, then the problem came back, and now is getting worse. The guy said there were no metallic debris, and in fact it work fine if I drive on the highway, but in slow traffic is terrible.

I was thinking to bring the car to a transmission shop. You guys have any idea what the problem can be and how much should I expect to pay?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Mark.

Reply to
Mark

when did you change the transmission filter and transmission fluid last? Start there if it is never or over 35,000 miles ago.

Reply to
L benn

The mechanics did this last week. The problem is something is bending the oil filter and I ve no idea what it can be.

The car also use to make noise while accelerating on sharp turns under

20-25 mph
Reply to
Mark