1994 Grand AM Brakes Grabby

Just curious if any else has had grabby brakes? Could this be that the drums are out of round? I replaced the front brakes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Luke Harris

Reply to
Luke

More info would help. Which brake is grabby? Are they ALL grabby?

Reply to
Paul

I agree with Paul.... more info needed. Which brakes are grabbing, does it pull to a certain direction when stopping... when you serviced the brakes on the front did you turn the rotors, replace the hardware, inspect the calipers etc.... There are too many unanswered questions to diagnose your problem... I would like some more info to assist you.

Paul wrote:

Reply to
Mike Graves

Is this your basic complaint?

DeathRat

Still not enough to go on. The problem could be anything related to the braking system. However, "lots of pad left on the shoes" could mean back brakes not working. There is a known problem with back drum brakes on the early 90's G/A's. GM recommends replacing everything on the backing plate. My own G/A had grabby back brakes and replacing everything helped. A good way to check is to use a water hose and soak the back brakes and see if the system still grabs. --- Use common sense on the above procedure!

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?p=B6yats?="=?x-user-defined?Q?=40tex=B6as