1994 grand am will turn over but wont fire

1994 garnd am quad will turn over but wont fire i changed the oil started up drove off the ramps then sprayed my engine with wd 40 and clean it and now it wont start i dryed the engine all day today thinking somewere it might have got wet but still wont start and i checked all my fuses in the fuse box it is fuel injected so i thoght it was flooded so i waited did not push the gas all day still wont start the spark plug boots and spark plugs were changed last year any body have imput thanks jon
Reply to
libarkin

You have to treat it like any other car that won't start.....check for fuel pressure, check for spark, check for injector pulse... It's coincidence that you JUST changed the oil, and cleaned the engine. I see it alllllll the time at work. Half of the cars that come in.....they're there for one thing...then two days later something else breaks. This is especially common on cars ten years old and more. Sad, true, GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Very true. You fix one thing, the vehicle gains back some lost performance causing a marginal part to fail. I think that's one reason that folks get upset over tune-up prices these days. Anything that even tests as marginal gets put on the estimate and rather than view it a preventing future problems people see it as padding the bill.

Reply to
FBR

We tell anyone with drivability problems and NO service records that we can't even begin to diagnose it without the $100 fuel injector and upper intake cleaning first....then plugs and wires...THEN we will scope it....but it never needs the scope after all that. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

I shouldn't have said never....once or twice the computer was failing to ground an injector or something crazy like that. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh