1995 Pontiac Transport Random, Won't start or turn over

I have a 1995 Pontiac transport van with the V-6 3.8 liter engine and Automatic transmission. I've started having it at random times deside it's not going to start. You turn the ignition key and it won't even
turn over, you get the light on the dash, the battery is in good condition, headlights work well so it has good connection.
I'm wondering if anyone has ever had a problem like this and what you found it to be. It only happens so far on very hot days, I have notice that the cooling fan seems to be running which is one of the few times I've ever noticed it running when the engine wasn't
You turn the key and get the gauge reading like you should when trying to start, but it doesn't even turn over and you don't even hear the starter trying to turn or anything.. Wait and wiggle the steering wheel arould and it will start after awhile.
Could be a loose connecion on the ignition swich, broken wire in the steering column, .. Ideas??
Just don't like the idea of my wife driving it somewhere and getting stranded, but don't want to take it to a shop to just start replacing parts without an idea of what it is.
Mike
First thing to do in these situations is to remove clean and tighten all electrical connections at battery, grounds, and starter. GW
Mike Harvey wrote:

Hi,Ive encountered the same problem and after checking most all componets,battery,starter the dealer said it was most likly the ignition switch.After finding that out,I went and tried to start it and wiggled the switch while starting and sure enough the starter tried to turn over.I've started taking the column apart to replace the switch.
Hugh
The switch is not in the column.

The ignition switch is mounted on top of steering column. You have to drop the steering to get access to it. The job is simple with about 40 min of work total (assuming it is your problem). I would check for this switch 1st before going into steering column lock ignition. I have a few pictures if you need to see it.

newsgroup wrote:

hey if you wouldn't mind sending those pictures my way and a breif run down of what to do, i'd really appreciate it!!!!
jon http://minivanmadness.com