1995 SSE idle feels funny...

I have noticed that when the pressure gauge gets to around 220 my car starts to shake ever so slightly giving the impression that it will cutoff at any time. Would a bad sensor (out of tthe 20 or so in this car) cause this to happen or could it be something simple like a bad spark plug? I'm hoping someone will respond with something I can work with because changing sensors on this car seem to be expensive. Any help would be appreciated and TIA.

Reply to
MR-FDDADDY

I have noticed that when the pressure gauge gets to around 220 my car starts to shake ever so slightly giving the impression that it will cutoff at any time. Would a bad sensor (out of tthe 20 or so in this car) cause this to happen or could it be something simple like a bad spark plug? I'm hoping someone will respond with something I can work with because changing sensors on this car seem to be expensive. Any help would be appreciated and TIA.

Reply to
Mike

yes I am, sorry about that

Reply to
MR-FDDADDY

yes I am, sorry about that

Reply to
Mike

I wouldnt worry about it. My Bonneville did the same thing when it got hot. Almost like as if it was running like a diesel engine. Also, I would caution againsts letting your engine get that hot. Here is a link showing why...

Ok first off 92 models didnt have a plastic intake and there is a big diff between Series I and II engines. Running a 180 deg thermostat isnt only going to give you bad gas mileage but its also just a bandaid. Fix the problem not the symtoms of the problem. I doubt pontiac would have been putting 180 deg tstats on in 99 because the epa wouldnt let something like that fly. I dont know what the storie is on adding a trans cooler. There is more than often already one mounted in the radiator from the factory.

I suggest anyone researching this problem to visite my page

need to do some corrections to it but it is probably the best source on the web covering this problem for series II engines.

Reply to
Bon·ne·ville

Thanks, if it is anything else I'll let you know

Reply to
MR-FDDADDY