1995 sufire abs

have a 1995 sune fire with a 2.2 and the abs light has come on . is there a special scan tool to tell you what the problem is as i have a mac tools scan tool and there is no codes coming up for the abs

Reply to
zeus
96 is OBD2:

If there is a code, it will show.

When you first setup the MAc Scanner, set it up, then select the ABS prompt instead of Engine, Transmission or Diagnostic trouble codes.

Reply to
Refinish King

the type of scan tool i have is a mac tools professional enhanced scan tool model number et9640 and i cant find any thing for the abs.

Reply to
zeus

I am having the right front wheel speed sensor replaced on my '05 GTO. It took almost a year of intermittent fault lights before it stored a code. I am pretty sure the code got stored when it started throwing a fault during the system startup, when I started the car.If the light comes on while you are driving, but clears itself when you turn off the car, it probably isn't storing a code.

Tom S.

Reply to
Tom S.

Reply to
zeus

Then it's an OTC 4000 E:

That's the older model before the Genysys.

There is a way to get ABS codes on the earlier than 95's but it will not work on mid year 95 or up.

Reply to
Refinish King