1996 bonneville idle problems

My bonneville has just started to run really rough at idle. There are no vacuum leaks but I do get a code of po302 which my book states as a cyl. 2 misfire. Is there a way to check the egr valve to make sure it is working,or would the computer acknowledge it's malfunction?

Reply to
gooch

vacuum leaks but I do get a code of po302 which my book states as a cyl. 2 misfire. Is there a way to check the egr valve to make sure it is working,or would the computer acknowledge it's malfunction?

An EGR problem may or may not set a code. As for the misfire, inspect the wire, coil and spark plug for cyl 2, and also the wires for the injector.

-- GW - Conservational Ergonomist - note incorrect email address "It's good to yell at people and tell them you're from Tennessee. That way you'll be safe." - Gary Busey

Geoff Welsh

Gooch,

I had a similar problem and found one of the spark plug wires sitting on top of the intake/exhaust manifold pipe. It burned a hole on the plug wire...so check that out.

Raymon

Reply to
Raymon