1996 Grand Am

Hi all,

I have a 1996 Grand Am with just under 100k miles on it. Over the past few months I've noticed that when I start the car, it would shut down after about 1 to 3 seconds. Sometimes I would have to start the car 3 or 4 times, sometimes more, before it will stay running. It seems intermittant, it may do it a couple times in a row then behave for 3 or 4 times then do it again. Every once in a while when I would have to start the car 4 or 5 times the THEFT SYS light would remain on until I would stop driving and shut the car off. It doesn't appear to affect the operation of the vehicle. All other dash indicators read normal and the service engine soon light doesn't come on.

J.

Reply to
J.