1997 grand am

greetings, my 1997 grand am 2.4l twin cam check engine light is on. went to auto zone and the gal told me that my ox sensor is bad but i need to know whether the sensor is before or after the catalytic convertor. can anyone tell me? also, if i never fixed the sensor what harm would it do? thanks, cj

Reply to
cj

No. Maybe if you provided the code someone could easily have told you if it was the upstream O2 sensor or the downstream 02 sensor.

Besides destroying your cat, getting bad gas mileage, and possibly ruining your engine... Not much.

Reply to
Bon·ne·vil

Find a decent mechanic who will read out the codes and interpret it for you (as well as advise you on its location) -- might cost $20, but better than fishing around blind...

Reply to
Ron Seiden

the error code is PO141 thanks, cj

Reply to
cj

DTC P0141 HO2S Heater Performance Sensor 2

That is P(zero)141 which is downstream of the converter.

Replacing it may not correct the issue. The wiring, connector, and the circuit should be inspected.

Reply to
Bon·ne·vil

thanks, cj

Reply to