1997 Grand Prix

Can anyone tell where to find the schematics for the blower resistor for this car.

Reply to
kekoken

I don't, but I'll try to explain it. Simply put, the blower resistor is like one resistor with many branches. The more segments of the resistor the current travels through, the higher the resistance. On high speed, the fan switch grounds the blower. On the next speed slower, the power goes through the blower, to the switch, to the resistor, through one segment, then to ground. On the next slower speed, same thing, but two segments. And so on. The sure sign you have a bad resistor is that the fan will operate on high only or will operate on the highest x speeds only.

Reply to
hyundaitech