1997 Grand Prix GT - ABS & Traction Light On/Off

I recently replaced the front & rear brake pads on my 1998 Grand Prix GT. Prior to doing so, everything was fine. Upon putting on the new pads, I began to get an ABS/Traction indication. It doesn't occur all the time, but once the car has been use for a while, the ABS light comes on, and the Traction light comes on. Once the light is on it stays constant even when shutting down the engine, waiting a while, and turning it back on. I did not touch the ABS sensor, or the electrical connections. Has anyone experienced this problem? And/or has anyone any suggestions on how to resolve.

P.S. I checked to see if there was any dust where the sensor is, and also checked to make sure that the sensor was in position. All checked out fine. I'm at a loss. Please help!

Thank you in advance!

Reply to
Israel

Shep

I had this exact same problem last year and I have the exact same car; the lights would come on for me after driving for a while (but I'm pretty sure it was that I had to surpass a certain speed). I had to have a computer check done but there was a sensor going bad in one of the hub assemblies and the assembly had to be replaced. I can't remember what it cost but hopefully that'll give you an idea of what to look for.

Reply to
brettcasper