1997 Grand Prix Wiper Problems

I have a 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GT and they wipers are stuck in the up right position. This has been occurring for the past few years and I was wondering if anyone has had this same problem and what the fix for this problem?

Reply to
John Smith

Stuck meaning the wipers _don't_ work and that's where they're stopped or stuck meaning the wipers _do_ work but that's where they park when turned off?

The first would involve power to the wiper motor, the wiper switch and the wiper motor itself. The second is likely to be that the reversing mechanism that parks the wipers has been knocked out of time with the wiper motor and its park switch.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

The wipers work fine. It just when you go and turn the wipers off that they park in the up right position instead of laying down. So what is the best method to correct this problem? Do I need to replace the wiper motor?

Reply to
John Smith