1997 GrandPrix radio w cassete player

My radio worked fine till a dealer had to replace my ignition switch. I can't return because dealer is 200+ miles from home. During the repair they jammed the knob/handle of heater, the farthest to the right, breaking it. They sent me a check for $20 to replace handle. I didn't play radio, etc. until I was home a good while, I dicovered my rear speakers are working almost nit. The "fade" control when shifted to back speakers does nit. Are the wires which control the speakers behind the radio, ie in dash? Could replace of ignition switch have pulled something loose? This is very much a pain. I just spent some $12-1500 on replacement of alternator, wheel bearing, brakes, tires, and tuneup. Also painted it. Ie, I was suspicious of GM in summer 2008 regarding Pontiac, also the newer Grand Prix's were not to my liking. So, I redid my orphan. It only has 112k miles on it, and will be 13 this fall. Any help, ideas, whatever on speaker probllem will be appreciated. Rich (VA)

Reply to
rich