1997 pontiac sunfire 2.2 stumped

NEED HELP!!!!!! ENGINE WILL START BUT WHEN U PRESS PEDDLE ONLY WILL GO UP TO ABOUT 2,000 RPM HAVE CHANGED ALLL SENSORS, ECM, IGN MODULE, COILS, PLUGS, WIRES,DRAINED GAS THINKING IT WAS BAD COMPUTER SHOWS NOTHING WRONG ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT

Reply to
headhunter9999

you can take to mr transmission for free scan,,, or auto zone..

ds549

Reply to
Shep

have my own scanner is showing nothing wrong

Reply to
headhunter9999

Did you check the fuel filter?

Reply to
L benn

fuel filter is the fist thing i changed not it

Reply to
headhunter9999

Check the Cat Converter - probably plugged up. I had a Chevette that idle smooth but when you tried to drive it is had no power. Catalitic converter broke apart and blocked the exhaust and also the Muffler. Need to change them both. Brian - Las Vegas, NV

Reply to
Brian Bower

just to add...the easiest way to check for a restricted exhaust is to remove the oxygen sensor ahead of the cat. If the engine runs normally then, then that's the problem. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

not the exuast got it completly off the car thought of that too. did come up with new idea think it could be bad seals in fuel pump not allowing enough fuel, wife has ran car down to empty several times someone told me that the seals could of cracked anyone got anything on this before i go pulling the tank?

Reply to
headhunter9999

ever heard of a fuel pressure gage? GW

Reply to