1997 pontiac sunfire starts and stalls

Any ideas? Once running is ok, no codes.

Reply to
DAVID PARRILLO

I had the same problem with my 1998 sunfire when I was installing a remote starter.It was because of my anti theft system which is standard in these cars.There's a really cheap way of wiring it so it completely bypasses the system however it completely disables it and leaves your car vulnerable to hot wiring.I would suggest purchasing a security bypass module.If you have a Sam's Club membership it's only about $15 through their website.But if you don't I'd suggest going to bulldogsecurity.com and purchasing it there for about $25.They also have detailed step-by-step diagrams and photo's of the wiring so anybody could do it.I can't guarantee that's your problem unless you have installed any new electronic equipment or somehow disconnected the anti-theft cables which run along the right side of your steering column.

Reply to
toolxxi