1998 Grand Prix ambient temp

The ambient air temp is reading way low (about 20 degrees) on my 1998 Grand Prix GT. I replaced the sensor, but the temperature reading on the a/c control panel did not change.

The temperature reading has been erratic since the car was new. It would be fine for months at a time, then would read low for a few days, then would be fine again.

Sometimes the radio dial readout goes crazy, and I have been told that the controls may be optically connected and moisture could be affecting the display. Could that be happening to the temp readout?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Alan

Reply to