1998 Pontiac Sunfire Convertible

Just bought this car, it runs great but the driver and passenger windows rattle and move when shutting the doors. Passenger window doesn't track correctly when fully closed. Is there any way to tighten-up the tracking and firmness of the windows so they don't rattle and they do track correctly. Makes the car sound and seem like a clunker. Can anyone help me on how I can fix this problem?

Reply to
convert

I had a rattle in an 89 Z-24 Convertible when you'd close the door, louder if the window was down, which tracked fine & went up & down fine.

Check the forward window channel in the front of the door. The aluminum channel is riveted to an anchor and the rivets tend to tear out of the aluminum channel allowing the channel to swing back & forth.

Easy to find a replacement parts at the junkyards. As far as I remember coupe & convertible uses the same parts inside.

Also make sure the rubber stop block is on the stop mount on the bottom center of the door.

Good luck.

Harryface

05 Park Avenue, 32,391 91 Bonneville LE 304,555
Reply to
Harry Face