1998 Pontiac Sunfire, nonworking temp gauge...Help Please..

Hi My daughter has a 98 sunfire w/nonworking temp gauge, The gauge moves a little when the car is started so it seems to be getting power, but does not move off zero as the engine heats up. I tested the temp sender by heating water to boiling with an ohm meter connected and it appeared to work correctly, the resistance dropped smoothly as the water heated to boiling. Does anyone know what I would need to check next to resolve this..

Thanks, David

Reply to
D Roberts

Are you sure you tested the correct sending unit? There are at least two - maybe more.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul