1998 Pontiac Sunfire - Overhead Lamp won't turn off.

Got into my Sunfire after a night with friends to see the courtesy light turn on when the door opens... normal stuff. But it didn't turn off when I closed the door. In fact it stayed on through out my driving and refuses to turn off even with the car in park and turned off. I've opened all the doors and closed them and flicked every imaginable switch on the dash but to no avail. WTH is going on?

Reply to
Shinnokxz

There should be a switch on the dome light. Some of them have a three position switch - Off all the time, On when you open the door and then off with the door closed, and on all the time. Others only have a 2 position switch - On when you open the door and then off with the door closed, and on all the time. If that is not the problem, then you have a door switch gone bad.

Tom S

Reply to
Tom S

Does this car have the components that allow the light to stay on for some time after the door is closed?

Reply to
Scott Buchanan