1998 Sunfire hesitates/stutters on freeway with air conditioner on

Sounds wierd, but my 2.2L sunfire hesitates when running about 75MPH steady on the expressway and I fire up the air conditioner. Seems to run fine with the air off. Any ideas what might do this?

I thought it might have been the PCV valve, but these engines don't have one. I changed the air filter. Plugs and wires are about 20K miles.

I appreciate any help. Thanks. Daryl

Reply to
gprimerib