1999 GP key problems

I've got a 1999 Grand Prix that for the past couple years (I know why ask now) the key has been stuck in the ignition. It will only turn back a little bit further than the accessory postion. However, I had to replace the battery yesterday and when I started and then shut the car off, the key came out. Any ideas?

Phil

Reply to
Philip & Kylene Blanchard

I also, have had some problems involving getting the key out of my ignition, normally, if I put it back in "Drive" or wiggle the shifter back and forth, it will let of the of the key, and allow me to retreive it out of the ignition..

I am 18 in my Senior year; This morning, I could not get my key all the way "into" my ignition, causing me and a couple of friends to become late for school, it as become a very big liability for us.

My Father is (fortunatly for me!) a mechanic whom works (and has been working for) BASF for several years, and hes told me it is some sort of "Safety" feature, screwed up.... not sure exactly what it is, but after today, I am most likly going to have him look at it, because its never done this before, I will post his solution to the problem whenever possible.

I can dissect a computer.... not an Automobile! :(

Reply to
ZeroX